Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 4, 2010

Day One

Hello everyone! Well today is day one for me! I have made a concious decision of no more junk and to lean out! So far I have done well today. However I have had my struggles! My son who is 18 months knows where the munchkin donuts are and he keeps asking for them! So since I am the only adult in the house I need to get it for him! My mind is saying one will not hurt but bull crap! We all know that just one will hurt! I have about an hour before I need to pick up my daughter, who is 6, from school. Then the madness begins! We have to do homework have snack, get ready for cheerleading and me off to the gym I go for a 30 min. weight lifting routine, 60 min. spin class I teach and a 15 min ab class I teach! So being the health concious person that I am, before I train I will eat one cup of oatmeal made with water not milk! I will also have 1/4 cup of unsalted almonds and a green apple. These foods are easily digestable and give me the fuel I need for my long workout. After training it, is very important to replenish your body with a lean source of protein and a carb such as a vegetable. Diet is everything! Diet does not mean fewer calories, diet means what types of foods are you consuming? The old saying is 80% to 85% diet and the rest is training smart and not killing yourself! With that said, I totally recomend the book The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook by Tosca Reno! This book is truly awesome! I have the book and it has easy, healthy and tasty recipes! The best thing is that it is cheap and it is an investment to your health!          

No comments: